The life-force, the backbone, the superstars of the festival. You know how to give to the party and get back twice as much. Good on you – and thank you. Please read on to find out how to get involved this year.
There are three main volunteer programs this year. Please read the position outlines below before deciding on which role is right for you, and then follow the link at the bottom of the page to complete your application.
Please note applications will close on 24 August 2017.
General Volunteer Program
Strawberry Fields volunteers complete a minimum of 8 hours of work in exchange for their festival ticket (this is usually one 8-hour shift). You will be placed in a department such as Gate, Traffic or Recycling. Your shift manager will direct you in various tasks that assist our patrons in having a great experience at Strawberry Fields.
Strawberry Ranger Program
Strawberry Fields is committed to promoting the safety and happiness of all of its patrons. As such, we are expanding our group of highly-skilled and festival-savvy volunteers whose primary role will be checking in on dancers and campers.
They will have the important job of connecting festival-goers to the DanceWize services stationed on site. This may be through accompanying an individual while they seek help, or simply having a chat to make sure people know what resources are available.
Rangers will be stationed at one of our Helper Huts, where people can also go for information and assistance.
Ranger volunteers must attend a compulsory DanceWize training session in October/November. If you do not attend your training – your volunteer spot will be forfeited.
Ranger Volunteers will be required to work 2 x 6-hour shifts during the festival.
Wilderness Team Program
Once again, we are proud to be partnering with The Wilderness Society to offer a donation for every TWS member that volunteers in restoring our precious Wildlands to their usual state of glory after the event.
If you can:
1. Provide evidence of membership or volunteer association with The Wilderness Society.
2. Stay on site for the Monday and Tuesday after the festival, helping our Waste team to clean the site.
We will donate the cost of a final round ticket to TWS’ fundraising campaign. We will provide you with a full festival ticket and lunch and dinner on the Tuesday.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING:
- You must be 18+ years of age to volunteer
- All volunteers pay $15 for a limited edition t-shirt. You must wear this t-shirt during your shift. Your credit card details can be given in the application form, but you will only be charged if you accept a position with us.
- Strawberry Fields takes place in the glory of Australian summer – you need to come prepared for extreme weather conditions and look after yourself! We want your experience to be safe and stress-free!
- This is a camping festival – many hours away from a major city, resourcefulness and self-reliance is key. You are responsible for getting yourself to your shift on time.
- We will do our best to schedule you with friends, and in your department of preference, but please remember that you cannot chose your shift, and no shift changes are allowed without express permission from the Volunteer Manager.
- All volunteers must sign IN and OUT of their shift at the Volunteer sign in area. You will be charged for non-attendance if you do not do this.
- Volunteer credit card payment details will be kept on file – in the event that a volunteer does not complete their scheduled shift they will be charged a penalty fee to the total of $360
- Once registered, any volunteer that pulls out within 21 days of the event start date (without written evidence of a serious and valid excuse) will be charged the above penalty fee
- Volunteers must accept and comply with Strawberry Fields Indemnity & Volunteer Agreement in order to receive complimentary entry
If you have any other questions, you can email email@example.com