Market Vendor Applications
Please note that due to limited capacity on site, there is a high demand for market places and we may not be able to accommodate all applicants. Applications will close in October or when all places have been filled - whichever is earlier.
The dates for the 2017 event will be 16 November to 19 November. There will be some light entertainment in the Tea Lounge on Thursday the 16th, but the primary entertainment program will commence early on the Friday afternoon and will come to a close (officially) on the following Sunday evening; however you are welcoming to continue trading until Monday lunchtime. This provides scope for over 100 hours of active trading while the festival program is in operation.
All stallholders should be aware of the following before applying.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Stallholders may arrive on site from Wednesday 15 November and must be in their allocated position in the market no later than Thursday 16 November at 12pm midday. Please consult the Market Manager before beginning to set up. Arrivals on Wednesday and Thursday may only be within the hours of 9am-8pm and you must notify the Market Manager of your arrival time to ensure that you can be bumped in smoothly. No entry will be permitted outside this time.
Access to the Bazaar area will be closed by Thursday afternoon. If you are not setup in your allocated position by Thursday by 12pm midday you may not be able to access your designated stall spot. If you have arranged a powered space, electricity, will be available from Thursday afternoon until Monday morning. This is a condition of our permit, please respect it.
Road access to the Bazaar area for departure will not open until Monday at 10am – all stallholders therefore must not depart the Bazaar area until after this time.
Market stall rates include two tickets to the festival. Each stall is entitled to purchase a maximum of 6 additional tickets at discounted rates. These additional tickets are generously priced at $125.00 – less than half the price of entry to the festival.
You must specify the exact amount of additional tickets (up to a maximum of 6) required in your application. Please note that in prior years we allowed stallholders to purchase an unlimited amount of tickets, and unfortunately this privilege has been abused, causing us to implement a new policy going forward.
PLACEMENT & STALL SIZE
A variety of stall sizes are available at the rates listed below. The spaces described include allocation for very limited camping/car parking behind your stall. If your stall application is accepted, you will be provided with an allocated place in the Bazaar site plan.
We allocate these positions on a “first in best dressed” basis. Please respect our placement decisions, we take as much time and care as we are able to give the Bazaar a clean and fair layout for all involved. Please do not set up your stall without seeing the Markets Manager first to avoid having to potentially be moved. We cannot guarantee that there will be the ability to have your car behind your stall or camp behind it, so please do not take this as a given.
All stallholders are responsible for the proper disposal of all waste generated by their stalls - all food stalls must use either compostable or recyclable cutlery and crockery. Skips will be available on site for dumping and stallholders will be expected to use these skips and not the wheelie bins placed around the festival area as these are for smaller rubbish items and general patron use.
Food Vendors - SPECIFIC INFORMATION
We have a flat rate for food vendors based on frontage size plus a surcharge for power use if you exceed our base usage allowance. If you have something outside of the dimensions range listed below please contact us via email@example.com to discuss your individual circumstances.
Please consider the size of your required stall space very carefully! The dimensions referred to below are for your stall frontage only. Each stall may extend to a maximum depth of 8 metres. Limited space will be available behind each stall for car parking and camping, and will be allocated on a first in best dressed basis.
So that we can reduce the one time use of plastic bottles, from 2017 onwards food & drink vendors are prohibited from selling bottled water as part of their range. We kindly ask that you direct patrons to use the free water points throughout the festival area instead of purchasing bottled water. Drinks in recyclable cans or compostable cups are OK.
Please note that we do not accept applications from vendors wishing to sell any form of alcohol or tobacco.
Food Vendor stall fees:
- 4m frontage - $900 ex GST
- 6m frontage - $1,100 ex GST
- 10m frontage - $1,400 ex GST
- Larger than the above - POA
All food vendors should also be aware of the following specific terms and conditions of trading:
- In order for your application to be accepted you must provide a current certificate of public liability insurance that covers the dates of the 2017 event and all activities which will be undertaken by your stall.
- It is the responsibility of all food vendors to ensure compliance with the relevant Council authority in regards to obtaining health & safety and/or food vending permits. We will provide as much information as possible in order to assist you with this process.
- Obtaining such permits may require the vendor to hold current food handling certificate, registration of a food premises, and other practices in place to guarantee compliance with health and safety practices.
- Serving food without complying with Council regulations is a breach of the law, and any vendor identified by the event organizers to be causing such a breach will be requested to cease trading immediately and be ejected from the property if necessary.
- All food vendors operating fuel burners must comply with safe fuel storage practices. You must detail all measures that will be adopted by your stall to safely store and manage the risk around fuel in your food stall application.
- We are committed to sustainable waste – ALL food vendors must submit details of their sustainability plan to the Market Manager, including planned disposable cutlery/crockery, recycling and waste management.
- Each stall is permitted 2 x 15 amp and 2 x 10 amp electricity connections - any electricity in excess of this will be subject to a surcharge.
Retail Vendors - SPECIFIC INFORMATION
We have maintained a flat rate for retail stalls based on frontage size, if you have something outside this range please contact us to discuss more.
Please consider the size of your required stall space very carefully! The dimensions referred to below are for your stall frontage only. Each stall may extend to a maximum depth of 6 metres. Limited space will be available behind each stall for car parking and camping, and will be allocated on a first in best dressed basis.
All stall spaces are pre-allocated during the site design phase, and if you arrive at the festival with a bigger stall expecting more camping and car space than you have applied for you are in for a nasty surprise!!! Accurate dimensions must be included in your application.
Retail Vendor stall fees:
- 4m frontage - $500 ex GST
- 6m frontage - $700 ex GST
- Larger than the above - POA